HOW TO USE MASM 8086 ON WINDOWS 7/8.1/10
The masm 8086 assembler for advance windows operating systems.
Now you can run the masm software on advanced windows operating systems like win 7/8.1 and win 10 .
To run the software we have to follow some procedure.
The procedure is explained below and also it is available in Readme file.
Steps for masm setup.
- Click HERE to Download the setup files.
- click on DOSBox0.74-win32-installer and install it.
- Extract the masm folder to C:
Steps to edit and run .asm file
- open the DOSBox from desktop icon.
- Type "mount c c:\masm"
- Type "c:\"
- Type "edit filename.asm" (replace the filename with your file name.)
- Write the program and save it.
- Click on file>exit
- Type "masm/zi filename.asm;" to checking the syntaxes.
- Type "link/co filename.obj;" for linking the program.
- Type "cv filename" to run the program in code view.
(Note-to check the memory content of 1000h location in code view
the command is d ds:0x1000)
for more updates please subscribe my blog.
If you found this useful then please share with others because SHARING IS CARING .
Errors and problems are welcome.
If you are facing any problem during installation then, please comment your problems in comment box.